Beale Street Big Wheel Relay
Saturday, November 26th
Check in 12 noon, Start time at 1 pm
It’s time to bring back that inner kid on you – on a big wheel, no less! The Beale Street Merchants Association brings back it's Big Wheel Relay Race on Beale Saturday, November 26. Don’t be the only "big" kid on the block not showing off your BIG WHEEL skills. Big wheels are provided and spaces are limited!
Beale Street Big Wheel Relay - How to Get Rollin!
Your registration form and check must be submitted by Friday, November 18th!
> Click here for the registration form, complete rules and check submission process.
- The team captain must report to the sign-in table at Alfred’s one hour prior to starting time of the day’s events or the team will forfeit their entry, as per the judge’s decision. Start time is 1 p.m.; cut off for sign up is 12 p.m. Remaining members of the four-man team must be present by start time.
- Costumes encouraged.
- The object is to have the fastest time.
- Approximately distance for each biker is 250 feet; total race distance is 1000 feet. There will be multiple obstacles in each race lane. We reserve the right to change logistics from last year’s course.
- The Beale Street Big Wheel Relay Race Committee reserves the right to make additional regulations as the situation warrants. Decisions of The Beale Street Big Wheel Relay Race Committee chairman and judges are final.
- Violation of rules and regulations of the contest may result in disqualification, expulsion from the grounds, and/or disqualification from any future participation.
- When a runner finishes his leg of the race, he then needs to make his way to the finish line.
- The Beale Street Merchant Association, the Downtown Memphis Commission, and the City of Memphis accept no responsibility for accidents or injuries that may occur during the race.
- In case of a tie, there will be a run-off. Judges may allow re-runs as a remedy for unforeseen problems.
- We are constantly striving to improve the Beale Street Big Wheel Relay Race. Should there be changes in the methods by which the race is measured or in the penalties.